How safe is your house, car and yourself of mishaps and vandalism on Halloween season??
We need to be extra cautions on Halloween nights. Studies have shown that more incidents occur on Halloween, even if it's just a simple egg throwing play. The best thing is to be prepared and cautions of your properties!
Here are some tips from principal insurance agent Paula M. Rosa at Universal Insurance & Associates, LLC for you to keep your home safe from these unfortunate mishaps!
- Keeping all areas around your home well lit at all times.
- Keep all your Halloween decorations at eye sight.
- Put away all your valuables out from passerby's reach.
- If you have access to a garage, place your car there for the night or keep your vehicle off the street. (if possible cover it with a tarp)
Please keep in mind, these are helpful hints to keep your property and vehicles safe, but even the most careful property owner might still experience some of the above mentioned vandalism. However, your insurance policy either homeowners insurance or your car insurance typically covers such mentioned damages! Take a look at a few of them:
- Toilet paper in the trees and shrubs: if your tree is damaged, most homeowners policies will cover.
- Egg splattered car: it is covered, as long as you have comprehensive coverage.
- Home theft: it's very common for it happen on halloween night since there might not be anyone home. Homeowner policy does cover theft of any belongings or any damage from a break-in.
- Dog bit a trick-or-treater: your homeowners policy will cover the liability and medical expenses.
If you have any doubts, questions the best thing to do is to read your homeowners or car policy, check what is covered or not on your policy. Contact your agent for detailed information, and if you do not have one please feel free to contact us today!
With all these tips in mind, please have a safe and fun Halloween from my self Paula M. Rosa and the Universal Insurance & Associates, LLC family!!